Workwell is committed to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information.
This privacy notice describes how we collect and use personal information about you during and after you have provided services to us, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Workwell is a “data controller”. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you. We are required under data protection legislation to notify you of the information contained in this privacy notice.
This notice applies to current and former employees, workers, limited company contractors and subcontractors. This notice does not form part of any contract of employment or other contract to provide services. We may update this notice at any time. For the avoidance of doubt, we are required by law to issue this notice to all individuals for which we hold personal data and the issuing of this notice does not alter the terms of any contracts we have agreed with you and does not alter the status under which we have contracted with you. For the avoidance of doubt the GDPR applies to all individuals regardless of their status and this privacy notice does not confer any employment or worker rights onto you, any rights and obligations that you may or may not have are derived from the contract you agreed with us and this notice does not form part of that contract.
It is important that you read this notice, together with any other privacy notice we may provide on specific occasions when we are collecting or processing personal information about you, so that you are aware of how and why we are using such information.
THE KIND OF INFORMATION WE HOLD ABOUT YOU*
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
There are “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection.
We may collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- Personal contact details such as name, title, addresses, telephone numbers, and personal email addresses.
- Date of birth.
- National Insurance number.
- Bank account details, payroll records and tax status information.
- Salary, annual leave and pension information for employees only.
- Start date.
- Location of workplace.
- Recruitment information for employees only (including copies of right to work documentation, references and other information included in a CV or cover letter or as part of the application process).
- Employment records for employees only (including job titles, work history, working hours, training records and professional memberships).
- Disciplinary and grievance information for employees only.
- Information about your use of our information and communications systems.
Company details (including company name, address, company bank details, company UTR etc, VAT registration etc)
We may also collect, store and use the following “special categories” of more sensitive personal information for employees only:
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
*It should be noted that the above list are examples of information we may have concerning you and it does not mean that we do hold this information on you. For example, if you are engaged under a contract for services by us we will not hold employment records or disciplinary and grievance information about you.